Food, I love food.
There is nothing I don't like and won't eat. Well almost nothing.
I am always hungry........
Lately I have been incorporating more fish into our dinner menue's.
Here is a 30 minute quick and easy dinner idea.
Preheat oven to 400.
Take frozen salmon filet's and brush with lemon juice, sprinkle salt and pepper and dill. Place in oven to cook in a covered dish. 30 - 40 min.
Then take Asparagus - trim and place in a baking dish, drizzle olive oil and balsamic over the asparagus and sprinkel with salt and pepper and parmesan.
Place in oven to bake for 10 - 15 min. beside the salmon.
Now, you can start a pot of salted water for some whole wheat pasta and once it starts to boil add the pasta and let cook until al dente. Usually 10 min on my stove.
On another burner, warm up a non-stick fry pan and add chopped tomatoes - as much as you like - no juices - just the tomatoes if you use a can. And 1 jar of prepared Alfredo Sauce - (this is the only high fat/calorie ingredient) You can get the lower fat versions - Warm in pan.
Take out your asparagus and add it to the warming sauce.
Drain pasta and add it to the sauce.
Remove Salmon from oven when done.
Serve Salmon perched on top of the pasta. I will even drizzle the salmon juices over the whole dish in the end.
MMMMMMMMMMM good.
Very healthy......and step class on Wednesday will burn the Alfredo sauce away!!!!
Portion size is the key.
I'm a firm beleaver in eating what you like and what you want as long as it has nutritional value to it. Just in moderation, and proper portion sizes.
Now, I must prepare myself for step class tonight.
Off to the torture chamber.
R
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment